Monday, April 02, 2007

Are we there yet?

No, not the movie. I mean the point were we finish up for the summer. My answer is no. Last year we pushed till Christmas and after Christmas break we work on their weaknesses to make sure they were completely ready to go forward. This year didn't work out like that. I was just going to work through the summer, but when August came my boss still didn't have anyone, so I gave her till September. Yea right! They got the point where they kept increasing my hours and I got to falling behind on my kids school work. They didn't seem to care, but I was trying to do the right thing. A little over a month ago my husband went and quit for me. I just got to the point where I couldn't do both. I did leave them in a major tight and they still are in one, but they left me in a tight also. I got to looking over the kids work and we like about a month and a half before we finish, ( and that is pushing it) plus I had to drop Aron's online science class. Yes, we will finish about the time the other kids do,(I hope in a way for their sake because they like to spend time with friends and family during this time) but I like to work on their weaknesses before I let them out. So, I'm wondering if I should do an hour or 2 a day most of the summer or start at the 1st of August instead of September. Maybe I could do like 1/2 and 1/2. That way they don't get burned out and still get the part they need to succeed. I guess I shouldn't worry so much and just let this take it's coarse and if we don't get to where I want to, then we can buckle down a little more next year. The more I think about it I think we may just start at the 1st of August and do a little tutoring like stuff here and there through the summer. Nothing to hard or to much that way them and me can get the rest we need.
kitten

No comments: