Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My new Hobby

Here lately I have found a new hobby/sport. It's bike riding! Yea, for real! I really enjoy it and it has helped me cut down on smoking and I know it will help me loose the weight I need to. My only problem is everyone is always calling on me to help to do this and that and I'm afraid it's going to get to the point where I can't ride like I need to and want to. My kids are really into also so that's a plus. I know my mom has been sick (COPD-serve), but she has got where she thinks I should be there everyday on her time. I don't mind helping mom, but I wish she wasn't so picky over every little thing. I know she is worried about her health, so am I, I know she is not want to give up her independence, bills and so on and so forth, but when someone else needs me she gets jealous and if I don't do as she wants then she gets mad. I do love her, but between her and others in the family I don't always have time for my self. I told someone this morning if I was to catch up with my self I probably wouldn't recognize my self! HA~ I'm really not complaining about my mom and sorta am about the others, but I just wish my whirl wind of a life would calm down enough for me some me time. I also hope that this bike riding thing really helps me with my stress, weight and smoking and don't fade out like I do with so many other things.
kitten

2 comments:

nada said...

Girl...! get on the bike and go.

I started inline skating about a year ago. My son got me started. It started out as a way to lose weight and get healthy...which worked...but it ended up being my zen thing.

Skating (and biking) are great ways to lose yourself in the ME moment and still do something great for yourself...which ultimately is good for everyone.

Because when mama ain't happy...ain't nobody happy!

Happy biking.

kitten said...

Thanks girl for the encouragement. I do need the ME moment. You are right if momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy! LOL!
kitten