Saturday, May 19, 2007

My vent for today

I haven't been online much this week or able to much of anything else I normally do. My niece that drives me crazy at times got her a job. So, I baby sat her 2 little ones this week. I love the boys to death, but I do not want to keep them all summer. I had 1st ask my MIL if they could pay me for the summer to help me pay for my kids Home School material this fall and she told me flat out no. She said, that she was going to put them in day care. (Oh, my niece lives with maw maw and maw maw raised her- another long story) It sorta pissed me off, but on the other hand I really don't want to be tied down all summer either. She never helps my husband and I. She has her favorites and we aren't on the list. (The women has funny ways and all that is another long story) -(I could write a book about my life and have started a few times but life gets in the way. HA! Ha!) So, Thursday when my MIL picked up the boys I told her she needed to call the Day Care by next week. Well, on Friday when she picked up the boys she told that my niece had to work this week end and was off Monday and Tuesday. Oh, hold up! You said you were putting them in day care. She just gave me that funny look and walked out. The only time the women or my niece calls me is when they want something and I don't think they should expect me to baby sit all summer. I get so sick of my MIL but don't really know what to do. She is my husband's mother. He feels the same as I do, but they have always treated him different and he wont stand up to them. They don't respect my home schooling either and that makes me mad. I guess because I'm home they think I can just drop everything to meet their needs. I told my husband that this fall had to be different and I really don't know how to handle it but I'm getting tired of my husband, kids and myself always being on the back burner. His mom don't like me home schooling either but they are mine and she can kiss my grits! I just wish I had the nerve to tell her so, but if I did, I don't really think it would make much difference.
I guess I'm through venting. Now I can smile!!!!!!!!!!!
kitten

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

huge huggs hun
i too have an "Evil mom in law"
i swear i will like my kdis spouses even if i dont like them KWIM

:oP

Ami said...

I'm so sorry that they're disrespecting you in this way. If your husband won't help you and stand up to them, then it's up to you. No one takes advantage of you without your permission.
{{Kitten}}

Heather said...

Dang! Life sucks sometimes. Love that you used "kiss my grits". I say that in Iowa and folks look at me like I'm nuts. Hang in there kiddo. Don't forget to speak your mind and don't back down. You've got to live your life and not the life others want you to live.