Monday, September 24, 2007

Fun Monday! What's your favorite recipe?


This weeks Fun Monday is hosted by lisa @ http://thefoodsnob.typepad.com/
I want to see your favorite recipe, be it either because your grandmother wrote it, it's the easiest thing you can slap together that everyone likes, it makes you feel healthy, it's cheap, etc. You don't have to make it (although you could if you want) but let us see the index card, cookbook, printed paper from the web, and why it's a favorite in your house. If you have a lot, just pick one, I know I'll have to!

I have always loved to cook, but have been going through this thing where I have to make myself cook. I guess you could call it " the cooking blahs", I have been writing out several of my recipes to help get me back in the mood, you could say. It was really hard to do just one, but I did. I also decided to do a dessert instead of a meal.
Peanut Butter Yummies
1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1 cup (8oz) semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix cake, butter, egg and peanut butter in bowl. Pour 2/3 of mixture into 9X13 baking pan. Melt chocolate chips (you can microwave then, use a boiler or what ever is best for you)When melted pour over cake mixture, then put the rest of cake mixture on top. (if you like you can pour 1/2 then of melted chips, then cake mixture then the rest of the melted chips) Put in pre heated oven of 350 degrees and cook 20-30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
This is a recipe I got from my momma and everyone loves it and it's fun to make with the kids!

12 comments:

Kaytabug said...

OK so that is new to me and it sounds so yummy!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is a different one! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I haven't had breakfast yet and these sound so good. Another recipe I'm printing out for Fun Monday!

Unknown said...

All these desserts are going straight to my hips!

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome. I am going to try this recipe ASAP. I love chocolate and peanut butter. Thanks for the great recipe.

Anonymous said...

I was just writing down the recipe, and in the directions, it says to add butter but it isn't in the ingredients. How much do you add, or is it just the peanut butter. I will check back later to see your note or comment or edit. Thanks

theotherbear said...

Sounds like a great recipe, and easy too :)

Pamela said...

I'vE EATEN these before... but hadn't seen the recipe.

I WISH I would get the EATING blah's when I get the cooking blahs.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good recipe, I'll have to give it a whirl. :)

ChrisB said...

Ohh I can feel the pounds piling on just reading this so I know they'd be good!

Anonymous said...

My children would LOVE this...anything made w/sweetened condensed mil AND chocolate HAS to be delicious!

How much butter (and can you use margarine instead?)?

kitten said...

you use 1stick of butter or margerine. when you melt chocolate, melt it with you milk