Monday, September 10, 2007

Fun Monday!


Today’s Fun Monday is hosted by Dawn( http://coloursofdawn.wordpress.com/ ) and the assignment is this:

Have you ever had someone out of the goodness of their heart do something for you without anything asked in return? Offered you money when you needed it the most? Helped you change a flat tire in the pouring rain or even just simply held the door open for you when you had your hands full? For Monday, September 10th, we are challenged with doing a good deed. I am not looking for a story of when you have offered your help in the past, I actually want you in the next two weeks to go out and help someone. Go visit a nursing home, cook dinner for someone sick or with a new baby, donate to a charity or even send just a “thinking of you card” to someone who needs it. It doesn't matter what your good deed is, or how great it is. It just needs to help someone!

When I read this my mouth dropped. I had just talked to my kids about doing something like this Friday, then Sunday I took some food to my Pastor and his wife because she had surgery this past Tuesday. While I was there I ask her if any was suppose to take her place in Children's Church that night and she said no. So, I told I would. When I got home and looked over the lesson it was on "Compassion" and being kind to others. So, when I went to Dawn's blog and found this that made 3 times. I guess 3 times is a Charm.
Here are a few good deeds I have done in the last few weeks. No, I'm not patting myself on the back. To me it was not much and I like helping others. #1 August 22nd, I took the teens from church to visit a nursing home. It was a last minute thing and I didn't think it would turn out that well, but I was wrong. I don't who enjoyed it more, the residents or the kids and I. #2 The lady that is over Blue Belles ( a group sorta like Girl Scouts that my little girl is in) quite last Wednesday and I took over at the last minute. KB was suppose to write a letter to encourage someone. My brother went on an Emmaus walk and we wrote letters to him to give him encouragement. #3- Without being asked I went to my momma's (I know she is family but she has been really sick since March and unable to keep her house clean.) Saturday and did a super cleaning on her house. I did the walls, ceilings, floors and much more. #4- I took something to eat to my Pastor and family Sunday.
When I did these I wasn't looking for recognition and I'm not know. I just did these things because I like to help others and make a difference. I know I should do more more to help others out there and this being the 3rd time coming to me maybe just the boost I need.
Dawn, thank you for putting this on your blog. It was fun and most of all it is fun helping others.
So, I stand up and challenge I friends in the blogger world, have a fun Monday and help someone else out!

6 comments:

Holly said...

This is a wonderful idea/project. I'm going to stew on it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me the credit, but the fun Monday was hosted by Nikki from My Husband Calls Me Weird http://anticsofacrazymom.typepad.com/ I have the link on my post. The quote is what I copied from her assignment. If you go to her blog she has a list of other participants for this Monday. It is a weekly activity hosted by different people who choose the activity for the week. She has the next host mentioned on her blog so I have to go see what the assignment is for next week. Those of you reading can go and see the assignment, and sign up, even the last day and do a post for it. I have only participated in a couple, and have yet to actually host one, which means I have the idea and the list of links on my blog. Maybe one day.

Having said that, the reason I needed to participate was because I wanted the people reading my blog to think about doing the kindness, and to spread the word, and that is what happened and it is happening from your blog also. You did some good deeds and hopefully someone else reading will be inspired also.
Thanks for writing about it, and mentioning my blog. And maybe we will get more fun Monday participants also, now that people know about it.

Sayre said...

Hi, Kitten! Welcome to Fun Monday. I've found that when I participate, it makes me think about things I don't normally think about, makes me remember things I'd forgotten, makes me take stock of what is important to me and why. It may be called "Fun Monday", but to me it's "Thinking Monday". I'll add you to the list of participants shortly!

alisonwonderland said...

i think sayre is right - Fun Monday is a good thinking exercise. i enjoyed reading your post, and i look forward to seeing you participate again.

Tiggerlane said...

Great deeds - especially taking the teens to the nursing home - MANY lives touched there!

alisonwonderland said...

katie: thanks for stopping by! i appreciated your kind words!