Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Special Thanks to Katherine!

In my post below I told a little about my trip to NC. I have to say that I really love the Internet. You always here about all the bad that goes on because of the web, but hardly any good. Well, I'm here to tell you it can be a wonderful place. 3 years ago I was real leery of the net and only talked to family, then I found the Denim Jumper and I was also introduced to the blogging world there. I have met some beautiful people in both places. Well, the other day when I got the phone call about Rory I went to the DJ and asked if anyone there was from NC and see if they could help me find my way, my way around NC, a good place to stay and so on and so on. Bless her heart, Katherine replied and was there for me. Bless her heart, when I called her and her family came and took me out to eat. I wish I could have spent more time to get to know this fine lady, but with Rory in the hospital and all I wasn't able. Kat may not think she did much, but just extending her hand to me meant a lot. She didn't have to do this, but she did. I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends I have from the DJ and here in my blogging world.
Kat!, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! You did more than you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful. There are truly great people out there that will extend themselves to strangers in need. I have found the blogging world a great place to meet great people, and I have personally met one person formally unknown who is on my blog roll, and we are meeting again next week along with another lady who blogs in our area. It is really neat meeting the person behind the blog. I certainly would extend my home to someone I have been blogging with for a period of time.