Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Different Kinds Of Migraines

I was going to write a different post today, but I guess I will do that one tomorrow. The reason for my change of plans is because my niece passed out of school a few days ago. They took her to the Pontotoc Hospital and the Dr said it seemed she was having hypoglycemia attack. It's the opposite of a diabetic. It made since at first. Later that night she started throwing up blood and past out again. This time she started having really bad shakes. The Ambulance came and got her. Tupelo Hospital couldn't find anything and sent her home. The next morning her dad took her to their regular Dr. They sent her to Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center in Memphis, TN. Today the Dr said she was having a migraine. Her dad said that she wasn't having a headache. He said that there are several different kids of migraines. She is having Complicated Migraine with a Basilar Migraine. Here is a link with different kinds of migraines.
I wanted to post this because I know several of my blogger friends suffer from migraines and I thought this may help to know what kind they were having if they didn't already know.

5 comments:

Junebug said...

Oh my goodness! Migraines are so terrible for some people. I have had a few but all three of my children have them. My two daughters have the worst. The oldest had the kind with vertigo and nausea and dizziness. The youngest has the pins and needles and visual and loss of motor control (her hands). My son has very bad headaches and visual. I guess it must run in my family. And my husband's too. A funny thing about me, my basilar vein in the base of my brain has moved closer to my ear canal and I always hear my heart beat swooshing, especially loud at night when I lay down and sometimes when I bend over or exercise. I just have to live with it. I don't know what caused it but they took MRI's to see it.

Junebug said...

I guess it is really my basilar artery, not vein.

Pamela said...

I can sympathize with the hypoglycemia attack... although I've never passed out. Just makes me dizzy and nauseous and head achy.

I do hope they check her a bit closer, anytime blood is involved it could be something more serious.

Joy T. said...

I have never had a migraine but I sure know a lot of people who do suffer from them. I hope you niece is doing better poor thing :o(

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope she is okay. Thanks for posting about this. Two of our kids have had migraines with Auras. They know when one is coming on and they often throw up and then it gets better. Thanks for sharing.