Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A few words to think about

Yesterday's Fun Monday really made me think. How many of these encouraging words do we really apply to our lives when we are down and life don't seem fair? Are we quick to give advice and encouragement, but don't take it when our life is falling a part? I do believe that could apply to a lot of us at sometime in our life.
Life and death can be in the power of the tongue. It's up to us how we use it. I know it's really great to encourage others, but we also need to encourage ourselves at times. We can't help others if we are beat down.
All of this was running through my head while I was reading every one's post. We see so many smiles or pretty pictures of families hanging on a wall, but looks can be deceiving. You never know what is really going on in most people's live. Also, one thing to remember is, "Hurt People, Hurt People". < (Go back and reread.) That is a very true statement if you think about it. When people are hurt, they lash out. Sometimes they don't mean to or don't really realize. Same applies to yourself. If you are hurt and you feel you are going through Hell, you can hurt someone, sometimes not even realizing or meaning to.
So, if you take a few minutes a day for yourself and take care of yourself, you are less likely to get all bogged down and discouraged.
Also, while I was thinking of all this, two songs came into my head. One I can't think of the name, but when I do, I'll post it. The other one is below.




Have a Wonderful & Blessed day!

4 comments:

ChrisB said...

This is a beautiful song with such powerful words~ I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's good to "see" you writing so much again (although I'm not doing a good job of keeping up am I?). There's good advice in this post.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

It is so much more difficult to help our selves when we are down, than it is to encourage others. That is a wonderful song.

Pamela said...

amen