Monday, April 28, 2008

Fun Monday: Put on your walking shoes

This week our hostess is Aoj and her assignment is.... I'm going to make it a nice and easy Fun Monday this week. All I want you to do is take me on your favourite walk. In words or pictures. Or both of course! Tell me why it's your favourite and point out things of interest on the way.



My favorite place to walk is in the woods! The view is so beautiful and peaceful. We do not live near the woods, so I don't get to do that very much.
Two of my favorite spots in the woods is the Natchez Trace and Camp Yocona (I was trying to get better pictures of the camp, but I guess the video will have to do. Sorry)
I don't get to go to these places and go hiking much any more either, so I guess I would have to choose my neighborhood. Dan and I walk 2 miles a day when it is pretty.

(The 1st picture is when we 1st leave to start our walk)

(The 2nd picture is when we turn the corner starting up the hill)

(The 3rd picture is of the City Cemetery)(We live right behind the beautiful land mark, but can not see it from our house because of the trees)

(The next 3 pictures is of the beautiful back yard I wrote about in one of my Say Something Saturday. In the story I added a little, but this is a beautiful yard. I just wish I could have got better pictures to give it justice)



(The next 3 pictures are going back toward main street and in front of the cemetery. The sign is just one of many around our little town telling about our history, which I think is just wonderful.)



(The next picture is where I just turned the corner right off main street, going back toward the house)

(The next picture is where I turn back toward my house. It is the road right above our road.)

(The next next 3 pictures are of the home stretch. The End of our little venture)




As you tell by my pictures, even thou I live in the City of Pontotoc, we still have a lot of beautiful trees.

21 comments:

Greyhound Gap Official News Blogger said...

Beautiful pictures and your house looks so pretty. Im always a little envious of the house in the US as they always look so lovely

Pamela said...

A very country feel -- and so much green.

That is someone lawn -- are you sure???? It looks like a country club. WOW!

Jo Beaufoix said...

What a pretty place Kitten. And I can't believe that is someones's garden. Wow.
My Fun Monday is up but you may need to scan down for it if you get chance to drop by. Have a fab week. :D

ChrisB said...

Lovely walk; you have a lot of open spaces to enjoy in your neighbourhood. We have some parks but the really pretty walks are all a car ride away~ worst luck!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

WHat amazes me about AMerica is that you have such wide streets with so much room, and lots of trees left everywhere. It beats the heck out of some of our narrow roads and dreary brick cities.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how green everything is - so beautiful. I'd like to see everyone's walks again at the end of summer.

Jill said...

very pretty pictures

Gattina said...

That's a real beautiful place around your house !

Patience-please said...

This is so much fun! Thanks for taking us along on such a lovely walk.

thefoodsnob said...

Great pictures!
I like to go to old cemetaries, I think they're very interesing and you can learn a lot about a town that way (OK, so I'me weird!)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

You do have a great country feel. I enjoyed my walk with you today. have a wonderful week...

Kaytabug said...

OH WOW! You live in a beautiful area! I am in love with that second picture...but I love photos like that!!

Celeste said...

I had to look up the location of Pontotoc, but it looks like it could be one county over from me (I'm in TX). The world is green these days, isn't it? What a very nice walk (and I love the bridge).

my4kids said...

That is a very pretty yard there. And lots of trees for a city. where is Pontatoc?

IamwhoIam said...

Nice walk about you neighboorhood it seems like such a nice place to live out in the sunshine and country

Alison said...

you live in a gorgeous area...thanks for the tour..I love the cemetary!!

Anonymous said...

You do have a lovely back yard. What a nice place to take a walk!!

Faye said...

My best friend loves to walk through an historic cemetery near her--how interesting. Even though you live in town looks like there's plenty natural beauty in your two miles.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it was like going for a country walk. How nice to have a walk with your husband everyday when it is nice out.

karisma said...

Lovely! Lots and lots of green everywhere! Just my kind of place!

Unknown said...

What a great walk! I love that yard! A bridge and everything!