Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fun Monday: What have you done?

This weeks Fun Monday's host is Southern Doll and here is her assignment..... What have you done in your life that was worth doing? I want to know the moments in your life that you hope will be the ones to pass through your mind when your time comes. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. This doesn't necessarily have to be items you have checked off your Bucket List, it can be those small moments that made you smile, or the time you got that huge promotion you deserved, or the first time your baby smiled at you out of pure joy. I want to know all the moments, big and small, that make life sweet! If you don't already have a running list of these in your mind, you should! These moments help you remember how much your life is worth living, and we all deserve to enjoy it.


**********************************

So, many things have flooded my mind with this topic. I have been having a hard time exactly which ones to put down and how to write it. (I can get wordy and don't want to put any of you a sleep, so I'll try and do the high lights) Before Dan and I were married I was told that I more than likely couldn't have babies. I wasn't very happy with this because I love kids and had always kept my brothers' kids. Dan and I were married in October and by the end of November I was pregnant with our first child. I was so happy! I walked on clouds for months! Nothing could get me down. I even lost my job over something really stupid that December. You would think that would get us down, being a new couple, but it didn't. I WAS HAVING A BABY! That following August I had my little bundle of joy, we were the happiest two people on Earth! Then our night mares began. There was something wrong with my baby and we had no idea what it could be. We tried every baby formula and he couldn't take any of it. I stayed in the hospital with our little man 2 weeks out of every month. He was hooked to all kids of machines all the time. All I could do is sit and rock him. Just before he turned 6 months old the Dr handed him to me and told me to take him home and enjoy him all I could, I had 3 days to 3 weeks. I went to church that night crying my eyes out and was a nervous wreck! One little old lady in our church told me to go buy him 36 cans of goats milk. I told her I didn't have the money, plus it wasn't any reason to buy that much milk because he had not been able to take any of it. That night she went and bought us 36 cans of goats milk. (Gosh! That stuff stank!) But it worked. My sickly baby started improving over night. I was finally able to enjoy my baby thanks to this little old lady, God rest her soul. We went and bought us a goat to milk for DJ and life was going good. A month after DJ's health had turned around and we were able to enjoy this little joy, I found out I was pregnant with our second child. We both had mixed emotions, but didn't take me long to get over it. I was nervous also, because what if he was going to be sick also. He came in this world 27 days early, so I was real concerned. But we were blessed! He had no major problems being so early and life was going good on my end! I was finally able to go back to work. I was working 80 hours a week has kitchen manager in a restaurant, but I was happy. I thought all was good and just kept doing what I needed to do to help take care of our new little family. Three years later the restaurant shut down and I went to work for a factory(More money, less hours! Yeah!). Not long after all this took place, I found that I was going to have another baby. Not Long after having my little KB I found out or realized my marriage was a wreck. When Dan left, I didn't now what I was going to do for a baby sitter on Saturdays. Then these little girls of my brothers' told me that they would help. So, me keeping my brothers' kids turned out to bless me.
(I know that was long, but have one more to share)
As many of you know my mom has been really sick. My children and I have stepped up to the plate and have made many sacrifices and have been there to do what ever it takes. I do know that one day if I ever need that help that I will be blessed also. With all this, I have already been blessed. My kids have learned the pleasure of taking care of someone and they have been a really big blessing to my mom and I. I am so proud of them!!!!
(I could name so many more, but wont bore you to death!)
Have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Junebug said...

Magnificent! I am happy to hear about the goat milk practically saving your child's life. Whew! My dad raised goats and loved goat milk. Keeps you from having poison ivy too. Ha. I'm glad your kids and you are able to help your mom.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A couple of really deep posts. That's amazing about the goat's milk. Funny how home rememdies sometimes work, and he sure is healthy now :-).

ChrisB said...

Your story was very moving. God is good and steered the lady and the goats milk towards you. You are right to be proud of your children. They will learn a lot from helping your mom and she will have much to be thankful for, having such a devoted family.

Jientje said...

You have been through a lot, but it all worked out in the end. Sometimes, the things that don't work out makes us stronger! That's life, I guess ...

Sauntering Soul said...

What a story! Thanks for sharing with us. It is amazing how God puts the right people in our lives at the exact moment we need them. Thank goodness for the lady who knew goat milk was the answer!

Heather said...

that's an amazing story. what a generous woman at your church - what a blessing. I'm always impressed and inspired when I read other people's stories - your's does just that, impresses and inspires me. I wish you many more memories that make life worth living!

Melanie said...

Wow- you went through so much, especially with your first child. Amazing how the doctors had pretty much given up and the goats milk helped. I'm pretty sure God had a hand in that little miracle ;)

Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

Jo Beaufoix said...

Oh my gosh, how scary that your little baby was so poorly. And how great that your brother's kids were there for you. Thinking of you all sweetie. You're a fighter. :D

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

That must have been a very scary time. I'm so glad it all worked out so well and you have three fantastic children!

Unknown said...

My son had to take goat's milk too. A lady at church had a goat and she would bring me milk. :) It's all he could have for a looong time.

Glad it worked for you too.

Sayre said...

Thank goodness for little old ladies!!! They have so much real knowledge from a lifetime of raising kids - more than some doctors fresh out of school and really just starting their lives.

You have some marvelous things to remember when your last hour is upon you!

IamwhoIam said...

Wow what a story - the your optimism is astounding and thus you are blessed.

Faye said...

Kitten, yours is a story of great courage and perserverance. Thank you for sharing the joy you have in rearing your children.

Alison said...

great post Kitten....very moving and beautiful.

Karina said...

Wow Kitten, this was such a powerful post! I think God definitely had a hand in that little old lady being there to provide you with the goat's milk. How amazing!

By the way, I was going to email you about the prayer thing, but can't find a way to do so anywhere...so, drop me an email (my blog has a "email me" thing on one of the sidebars) and I'll write you back.

HUGS

Rose said...

your story was very touching.
I'm glad everything ended well.

Pamela said...

I didn't know this background. It didn't keep you from being a positive person. I'm touched.

Anonymous said...

That is a great story of how things went in your life and how things turned around. I remember the thing about the goats milk, one of God's miracles in sending the lady. Children are a blessing from God and something we should honour.