Monday, April 07, 2008

Fun Monday: your first ‘celebrity’ crush

This week our hostess is Jo. Here is her assignment.....
I want to know about your first ‘celebrity’ crush. You know, the one you fancied from that band, or that film, or who read the news, or who won Gold at the Olympics.
Did you have their pictures on your wall or in your locker?
Did you dress like them, style or colour your hair like them, follow them, meet them, marry them? (It could happen.)
Photos of THEM would be good, photos of YOU at the time you liked them would be even better.
Also, if you have time, I’d like to know whether they had any influence over your life, the person you became, or if they were just an embarrassing blip you would kind of rather forget about

**********************************************
I have sat and pondered on this all week. I don't if it's the head concussion or I'm just getting old or too much going on, but I really can't remember having a "crush" on a celebrity. Not really.
I had several different bands of different kind of music I liked, I really loved Scooby Doo, (still do), and I really loved B.J. and the Bear.
I guess you could say that the dude off of B.J. and the Bear was the one I really liked. I always wanted to drive a Big Truck and have a friend like bear. When I was 18, I took the written test to drive a truck and passed with flying colors. When they called me to go for my driving test, they seemed to all excited. The lady said, I have 2 more questions. "How much do you weigh and how tall are you?" I told her I weighed 85 lbs and was 5'2". She hung up on me! Two weeks later I got a letter in the mail telling me that I no longer qualified to take the driving test. I let it go, but still always wanted to drive a truck. When Dan and I got married we had said that when our kids got grown that we would get our DSL's and drive together and enjoy the sites. (Dan was going to be my Bear! LOL!)Then about 5-6 years ago I found out that I had narcolepsy. So, I would never be able to get my DSL's. I still love to drive! A lot more than Dan, but I guess I will have to settle for my van instead of a big truck.





A recently completed model of the Kenworth cab painted like the one used in the BJ and the Bear tv show, to the song "Convoy"



Theme to BJ and the Bear...BJ BEAR MCKAY



Hope You Have A Happy!

23 comments:

Alison said...

I had forgotten about that show...I used to watch it all the time....thanks for the memories.

Sayre said...

Strangely, I don't think I ever saw that show - but Convoy was my brother's favorite song for a while. He played it over and over and over again while we made up rude handles for him. Sigh. I guess we were mean.

Rose said...

I think it's very cute when you say that Dan was going to be your Bear! Love it.

Sauntering Soul said...

How on earth did I forget Greg Evigan when I was typing up my post? I used to write his name all over my notebooks.

Sadly, the one actor I met in person from B.J. and the Bear was Claude Akins. He just didn't do anything for me. :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember that show. We used to watch it every week, my siblings and I. I probably thought he was cute back then, but likely like the Bear more.

JennV said...

Greg Evigan! Yeah... He was a hottie... wonder what he's doing now?

Pamela said...

you can still ride along. You can be Sleepy Bear.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I never saw that show, but I would have remembered that face if I had. He was lovely.

Thanks for playing sweetie. Have a brill day. :D

ChrisB said...

I don't know that show but I can see why you likes this guy~ very cute and the monkey is cute as well!

kitten said...

The only reason I remember watching BJ and the Bear was because of his monkey and big rig. LOL! I know I'm Weird!

Molly said...

You have writeen an interesting post. I cannot say that driving an eighteen-wheeler appeals to me; however, traveling around the country for my job would be superb.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I loved trucks to and had huge posters of big American truckks on my walls in my teens! I did get my licence but I haven't driven in years.

Anonymous said...

She hung up on you! I can only wish I was hung up on for being too skinny. :-)

Melanie said...

I don't remember that show, but what a handsome choice!

Our Happy Happenings

Rosie said...

I don't know the show but I love the pics!

Faye said...

Oh! So sorry you didn't qualify for big truck license--sounds like you had all the requirements except body mass! Hope you and your huband get to take to the road after the child rearing years.

IamwhoIam said...

Ah you can still go Truck'n (the bear didn't do any driven). Why is the real question.
JB and the Kitten.

Patience-please said...

I remember Convoy!
thanks for the smiles

Kaytabug said...

What a cute story!! How sweet you 2 were going to get DSL's and drive all around the US.
Greg is might handsome!!

Attie said...

OOHh We love the song Convoy!! We love semi's especially the boys!! loved BJ & the bear too!! and smokey and the Bandit!!

Jientje said...

Oh yes, he's cute! Thx for visiting me too!

MOM #1 said...

That's so funny! I never watched that show, but I was a huge Michael Jackson fan and spent the majority of my tween years doing all the dances and memorizing all the lyric to his songs.

Oh, I also had a huge crush on Beau Duke, what's his real name? Oh well, love fades, LOL.

I had forgotten about all of that until I read your post. Thanks for the short skip down memory lane.

Joy T. said...

I didn't participate in Fun Monday, but I'm coming over to say hi and see how you're making out after your accident. I hope all is well.