Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I feel like I was hit by a truck....

That's right, I was. I ran out in front of a truck yesterday and totaled my mom's car. I had took her to the Infusion Center to get her treatment and had went to drop off her empty oxygen bottles. When I pulled out, I had look both ways 2 times. I didn't see that truck coming. I was pointed West and he was going North. When he hit me, he knocked the car all the way North. I have a big knot on my head and my left shoulder is sore and has a knot on it. It felt like the truck had hit the passenger door, but it hit the front wheels. I couldn't use my left arm yesterday, but I can this morning. I'm still a little foggy headed, but I'm okay. I hope and pray that the insurance at least pays her car off.
The 1st thing I thought about when the wreck happened is what I had wrote before I left here yesterday. So, thinking that way, I was able to stay a little more calm. But, then I got worried about momma and how she was getting home. I called my niece to go gt mom and called my husband to come and get me from the ER. When I got back to momma's and she saw I was okay she said a quote I have heard my whole life, but it never crossed my mind, "Shit Happens" and I'm thankful you are okay.
I have got to go file the papers today at the Police station and try and figure out where they carried her car to.
Hope you have a Happy!
Well, I'm fixing to go lay back down. I will come visit later.

7 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Oh thank heaven's you are OK. Take it easy and look after yourself OK?

Ami said...

Oh my gosh.

I'm so glad you're okay and lived to blog about it!

I'm awfully sorry this happened to you, Sweetie.

{{{hugs}}}

ChrisB said...

Oh what an awful thing to happen. It must have been very scary. But I'm so glad to hear you are OK.

Robinella said...

Well, that was not what you needed! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope you feel well soon.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so glad you're alright and very sorry about your accident. Please get lots of rest.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are o.k. Take care of yourself and rest.

Attie said...

OHH goodness so glad you are okay!!! i got hit by a semi a few years back he ran a stop sign!! was awful it happens so quick!!!