Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mom's car

The Insurance adjuster had mom's car towed to Pro Cision Collision here in Pontotoc. The dude that owns the shop said that I had took a hard lick and it look like the guy was going about 55 or 60 miles an hour. (It was a 35 mile hour zone) But anyways! He said that if mom agree and wouldn't have doubts, he could fix her car. Instead of her (me) having to pay the $500 out of pocket that you are suppose to pay before insurance, he would slide $400 of it and she would (I) would only have to pay $100 plus what the insurance pays. He is going to put all new parts! A new front frame, side panel, hood, driver door, wheel, head lights, windshield and air bags.
He said that if she didn't agree, that he would have to total it. He also said that if the insurance wanted him to try and fix most of these places without replacing them he would have to total the car, because the front frame was bent bad.
I almost started crying when I saw the frame. They had took off the side panel so we could see inside damage. The metal bars on the inside where bent bad! He told us that if this had been a foreign car, it would have been totaled.
They should have mom's car fixed in 2 weeks! I'm really thankful that they are going to let the $400 slide.
Hope You Have A Happy!

7 comments:

ChrisB said...

That seems like a good deal!

Ami said...

If the frame is badly bent, there are safety concerns. It might be a good idea to consult an expert.

I'm glad you've found someone who will work with you on the money aspect, but still...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Ami. Any mechanic friends?

Never trust an insurance adjuster. If it looks like hey are giving you a good deal, they are probably giving themselves a good deal.

Kaytabug said...

That deal sounds great!
The damage sounds horrific!

Pamela said...

well... I'm not sure I would want to keep a car thats been "totaled" no matter how much work.

I'd be afraid it would just crack like an egg one day when I was driving down the road, and I'd be sunny side up on the asphalt.

Attie said...

I'm with pamela on this one!! And my Husband would say no way!!!! he'd have it totaled and get a different car a frame that sounds that bad is just that bad!! And this is going on of course we didn't see it and iam not a mechanic but.....

kitten said...

We asked around and everybody told me this guy does the best work around. They say if he didn't think it would be safe, he wouldn't do it. He cost more than most, but they say he is very good.
This guy goes through a schooling every 2 years to make sure he in on top of his game. I was leery at 1st also. So, I had he checked out.