Saturday, April 19, 2008

Say Something Saturday (4)

Our Assignment today from our lovely Ami is.... What are you saying goodbye to? What would you LIKE to send away from your self forever? What single thing do you have that's holding you back?Write as much or as little as you like. Get personal. Or keep it on a superficial level.


When I first read this assignment I thought to myself, OMGees!, How does she know what I been doing?!? (Then I had to giggle at myself.) I know it's Spring and a lot of people are de-cluttering their house, cleaning their yard and/or planting some kind of garden. I need to do a lot of that myself, but at the moment I'm doing that for my mom, so mine will have to wait. Plus, this time of year when it starts getting pretty out, people start talking of getting out more walking and such to loose weight or just get in shape. I need to do that myself, but at the moment I have something more important I need to get rid of than all that before I can really do all that. Also, when most people think of getting rid or letting go of something, they are talking in the physical since. Right now, I'm in the middle of letting go some emotional garbage. I feel I need to let all that go before I can really start feeling good about my self and then getting out there and letting it show by doing some of the physical part.


Here in the last week I have been writing a post (a very long one) letting all my feelings out and trying to get to the root of the problem and get things back into the right perspective. I haven't really decided if I'm going to share this post or not yet, because it's very personal. I will just have to wait and see when I get it done. I haven't had a lot of time to write on it, but really need to. If I'm able to work it out by just writing it out for I can try and see all this in a little different view, then I wont post it. If I feel I need a different view to help me see what I don't or even help me change a few things then I will post it.


One main thing I'm working on is to stop allowing people to walk all over me! I'm very big hearted and love helping others and I don't want to become a mean person when I learn to do this, because that's not my style.


So, there you have it! Me trying to get rid of emotional garbage and stop people running all over me.


Hope you have a happy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you great success in your getting rid of. Our sermons for the last number of weeks have been on facing fear. Today was David and Goliath. The pastor was talking about facing our Goliath. We often go to the battle line, then become dismayed and fearful as the Israelites did and our fear taunts us (like the Philistines did) and we don't go further. It is at that point when we have got to the battle line and feel dismayed where we need to give it to God and attack with faith. I don't know if that relates to your emotional baggage, but it often relates to anything we are working on or need to face. I hope you overcome your Goliath.

Ami said...

Sometimes it isn't necessary to share it, just getting it written down seems to make the load lighter.

There are so many things I've written down that have worked that way.

{{Hugs}}

Anonymous said...

It seems like you have had a lot going on this week.

It's an interesting perspective you have on this week's assigment. Of course, this is always the hardest (the emotional baggage). Good luck!

Kaytabug said...

Not allowing people to walk all over you is very tough but it can be done. It is very rewarding to put an end to it all.
I wish you the best in your dumping of emotional baggage! You can do it girl!

Junebug said...

I agree with Ami. Sometimes just writing a post helps tremendously.