Wednesday, April 09, 2008

SLOW DOWN - BE STILL

Psalm 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God.


I can’t help but notice how the pace of life seems to go so fast and we don't even have time for ourselves or even God. We find ourselves just flying along, we get caught up in the hurry here and rush there. It is easy to become frustrated.

We can change that if we choose to do so. Just be still for a little while. Let people see the peace in your spirit. Peter writes about how a wife takes on beauty in the eyes of her husband. It is not seen In the outward appearance of gowns and jewelry. Rather, it is an inward quality.

1 Peter 3:4 gives us his words: “Rather it should be an inner beauty the imperishably of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is valuable in God’s sight.” Be still. Attain a gentle and quiet spirit . Find a time each day to slip into a quiet place and experience in your spirit the sweet peace of God’s love. As you blend back into the flow people will see the glow on your face and feel the peace in your heart.


Sweet Peace The Gift Of God's Love

Chorus
Peace peace sweet peace
Wonderful gift from above
Oh wonderful wonderful peace
Sweet peace the gift of God's love

Verse 1
There comes to my heart one sweet strain
A glad and joyous refrain
I sing it again and again
Sweet peace the gift of God's love

Verse 2
Thro' Christ on the cross
Peace was made
My debt by His death
Was all paid
No other foundation is laid
For peace the gift of God's love

Verse 3
When Jesus as Lord I had crowned
My heart with this peace did abound
In Him the Rock blessing I found
Sweet peace the gift of God's love

Verse 4
In Jesus for peace I abide
And as I keep close to His side
There's nothing but peace doth betide
Sweet peace the gift of God's love


Today, out loud and on purpose Praise the Lord!!! Getting the Joy of the Lord into your heart will enable you to have a TERRIFIC DAY!!!!

3 comments:

Attie said...

What a beautiful post!!!!!!!! I hope You had a wonderful day!!!

Anonymous said...

A lovely message. I find the pace of my life ebbs and flows. Right now it is really busy, but summer is coming.

robert said...

Thanks for the insights. Yes, we sometimes need to slow down and get out of the traffic, in order to give our soul's a chance to be refreshed and renewed.

Also appreciated the quotation of Peter Bilhorn's fine gospel song. Today is the 145th anniversary of his birth. If you'd like to know a bit more about this fascinating man, I invite you to check out my daily hymn blog for today at Wordwise Hymns.