Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You are not going to believe this!

Dan, the kids and I were in a wreck yesterday. Yes, you heard me right. We were taking JB to his ball game. We were just sitting there at the red light, then BAM! These 2 teen girls hit us in the back end. Dan said that they had been just sitting there and don't understand why they went forward, because the light was still red. We were about 5 cars back from the light when this happened. It hit so hard and sounded so loud the lady in front of us thought we had hit her.
Now, the people that owned my van before me had put a trailor hitch on the back of my van. I was about to tell Dan to take it off, but after last night, NO! It tore up the girls little tag in front and jerked us to death, but no major damage to her car and none to mine.
I can not believe I have been in 2 wrecks in such a short time. I wasn't driving, but was still in the van. My neck hurts and so does everybody elses, but other than that we are fine.
I'm just at shock that I have been in 2 wrecks! I know, get over it! But it does make you think.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! Kitten, thank goodness you all are o.k. and nothing was damaged (in that order). Along the same lines, my old car had a tire mounted on the back and it seems I was always getting rear ended (when I was stopped_ and people just kept bouncing off that tire. Makes me much more nervous now that I'm in a "regular" car.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

o0oh my gosh hun
im so glad you are all ok

thats the important thing

ive been thinking of adding a hitch onto the back of our van but dh has kind of been wishy washey about it... maybe ill link him this post...lol

huggs hun

Ami said...

Damn!! Not again!!

I'm sorry it happened, but really really glad no one was hurt.

ChrisB said...

Gosh that is so unlucky but I'm glad you were all ok.

Junebug said...

Oh I just read this! Two! How awful.

karisma said...

Well Im glad to hear that none of you were hurt! These bangs are always scary!

Once when I was a teenager the same thing happened to us. I was a passenger in the back car when the driver who was distracted saw the car next to him move and put his foot down. Unfortunately the car in front had not moved. And Bang we hit them. It felt like quite a bang although none of us was hurt. I think its just the sudden shock that makes it feel worse than it is.

Another time we were in the front car and a man rammed straight into the back of us. That one was scary, we were waiting to turn into a very busy road and he pushed us forward about a metre and a half. Left just enough room for the cars to go round us. He hit that hard that the babies pacifier flew out of her mouth and hit the front windscreen. His excuse was that he was changing the dial on his radio and hit the accelerator instead of the break.

Molly said...

I am sorry about the wreck. I hope that you are all right. Taks care.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

OMG Kitten.....

I'm glad you're all OK.

I've just noticed that your blog roll shows latest posts...how do you get it to do that?

Robinella said...

Oh goodness! So glad you are all okay, albeit stiff.

Unknown said...

Wow! Glad you're ok! I was sitting at a stoplight once when a lady rearended me and shoved me into the car in front of me. I had whiplash, but my car was an SUV and they were both cars so my bumpers went over their bumpers. :) It crunched my vehicle and I had to have the body stretched.

Oh, and I was alone, thankfully. The lady who hit me said, "I was taking it to the shop tomorrow to get the brakes fixed." I thought "You shoulda left it home today then!"

MOM #1 said...

DANG GIRL! I can't believe that happened to you. I'm certainly glad no one was hurt, but I'd be getting freaked out too after having another accident.

Just be careful, as you already know, there's a lot of crazies out there on the road.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you don't need another thing to go wrong. You remind me of my friend Jaime (Wissink6Weblog), who has one tragedy after another and you are both so cheerful and strong through it all. I hope your neck is feeling better now.