Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Reflecting

"When life's problems seem overwhelming,
look around and see what other people
are coping with. You may consider
yourself fortunate."
- Ann Landers

(This quote is a little hard to swallow when you have been wronged, but still a very important to try and apply to your life)

"Long-range goals keep you from being
frustrated by short-term failures."
- James Cash Penney

(This quote is hard when your long term goal has been changed and your not sure of direction, but keep your mind on the main goal, which is everyday living.)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is
to be continually fearing you will make one."
- Elbert Hubbard

(And worrying about what others think and putting others before you when it's not necessary)

"Remember there's no such thing as a small
act of kindness. Every act creates
a ripple with no logical end."
- Scott Adams

(I wish I could say this helps at the moment, but don't. Still need to keep in mind)

"There is more hunger for love and
appreciation in this world than for bread."
- Mother Teresa

(I wish others felt this way! Most people just like fussing about everything and cutting others down)

"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful
form of love. In return, you will receive
untold peace and happiness."
- Dr. Robert Muller

(Forgiveness is probably the hardest thing to do, but is one of the most important!)

"The greatest things ever done on Earth
have been done little by little."
- William Jennings Bryan

(Just starting over is hard. I guess doing it little by little will help me get back on track.)

NO, This reflecting has nothing to do with Dan and I. I may explain later.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Ami said...

Whatever's going on, hon, here's a hug for you.
{{{ }}}

MOM #1 said...

Hugs from me too. I'm sure you'll come through it with grace.

storyteller said...

Each of these quotes (and your comments) ‘resonate’ with me … I used to start each teaching day with a quote to set the tone for my students and still do this kind of thing daily in my journals and find it really helps me maintain a sense of balance. Thanks for sharing … and best wishes to YOU my friend.
Hugs and blessings,

karisma said...

Interesting you should post this. Two separate people I know came to me and talked of such things yesterday. Both feeling a bit down because of others who they claim are great people but make them feel down while about????? Sometimes peoples negativity can rub off on others and bring them down too. I hope this is not your case and if so give such people a gentle push in there own direction. At least until you find your own space and time to breathe. You are such a giver Kitten, sometimes you have to keep a little for yourself.

Much love and hugs xxxxx

Attie said...

Well I am loving your inspirations!! i needed them!! hope all is good there and if not it will be!! thinking of you!!